Remote work is not for everyone. However, there are some tips for being productive while working from home that can help you!
In quarantine, remote work has become a solution adopted by many companies to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. But working from home is as comfortable as it is challenging, and not everyone can adapt 100%, at least in the beginning. There are countless distractions - not to mention laziness attacks - that can hamper your productivity. And for those who are not used to it, this can be a real challenge. Anyone already in the habit of working at home knows how essential it is to be disciplined to maintain efficiency.
To help you, we share some tips and tricks that you can and should follow.
When you're not physically commuting to work and using your home as an office, it's easy to forget the difference between the two. Worse, the risk of falling into a procrastination routine is high! That is why it is strongly recommended to draw the line between your workspace and your personal space. This doesn't necessarily mean recreating yourself a formal office but choosing a place that is used only for working. Thus, you will be less distracted by the external elements of your daily life and will be able to concentrate on your tasks.
You can also take the opportunity to recreate a friendly and productive environment. Do not hesitate to install plants in your workspace. Create a playlist that helps motivate you in the morning or stay focused at the end of the day. Let in as much light as possible and provide a chair to relax in when you take breaks.
The Pomodoro technique is one of the best to enhance your productivity for the home office, and it can be applied in different situations. Either way, this tool can help you increase your productivity and improve your ability to manage time. This technique is developed in the late 1980s by an Italian university student who aimed to increase his productivity during his university years. At the time, he used a kitchen timer to organize himself, which he spun for 25 minutes. At this time, he concentrated completely on his tasks, without any interruption, and then took a short break. Today, there are some apps that can help you put the technique into practice, or you can use your phone's stopwatch as well.
The Pomodoro technique is based on the idea that by dividing the workflow into concentration blocks it is possible to stimulate focus. The first thing to do is a list of tasks that must be done during the day. Then, divide your time into 25-minute periods and work with total focus during those times. After the first 25 minutes, review the status of tasks and take a 5-minute break. This is the time to distract the mind and do nothing related to the task at hand.
In addition, every four cycles you should take a longer interval, from 15 to 30 minutes. The ideal, despite the indications, is to find the break times that make the most sense to you - the important thing is that the breaks happen because they will increase mental alertness. Take advantage of remote work and use breaks to do what is not always possible in the office, such as a good stretch, meditate, etc.
Psychologists suggest that if you want to be productive, you need to stop multitasking. Did you know that only 2% of the world's population is good at multitasking? For the other 98%, multitasking doesn't work; you switch from one activity to another.
The problem with this approach is that our brains need time to refocus from task to task. As a result, we waste more time refocusing and end up not performing well. So while it might seem like a super productive thing, research shows multitasking cuts productivity by 40%. Instead of multitasking, try to focus more specifically on each task. Change your focus on other activities as soon as you have completed the previous one. This will make you less distracted and more focused.
While working from home, it is very easy to have feelings of loneliness. However, although this may be true physically, do not forget your colleagues who may also be working from home or in the office. It is important to remember that in the work environment, it is common to organize regular calls to update our superiors or colleagues about the work being done or the status of a project. Take advantage of this opportunity to feel connected with what is happening in the business and maintain fluid contact.
Hope, all these suggestions will bring you plenty of time. The time you don't spend in traffic, going to and from work, can be used to develop yourself personally and professionally. Reading a book or watching a webinar, watching a ted talk, or learning a language. By organizing your time, you may even be able to find dead times in your schedule where you can learn new skills, which will allow you to go further. And whenever you have questions, don't be afraid to see tips from other remote workers.
© 2020 THE TECHNOLOGY HEADLINES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.